Wrong Lane

It's 2:30 a.m. EST.  For some reason, I awoke at 2:00 a.m. and after laying there, expecting to fall back to sleep after only having 3 hours sleep the morning before, I begrudgingly got out of bed.

Nothing on Facebook.  Huffington Post had an interesting whistleblower article on Chase Bank, but lacking the ability to focus through the entire article, I read the first three paragraphs and summed up the whole article, because I'm genius like that.

Chase is getting bigger and stronger despite it's unethical and illegal banking practices.  The United States is just as corrupt for covering it up.  Is there hope for us?

Trying to get justice with big money involved is like when you're late for work and get in the wrong lane going behind someone driving 45 on the highway.  And nobody will let you out.  When finally, you do catch a break, you get caught behind someone else driving 50.  Then all the way to work, you catch every red light.  And you left early that morning.  

Getting fleeced by corporate America produces the same kind of powerless frustration, with the exception that the obstruction is purchased and designed to deceive and thieve.

I fear that many people of limited and, dare I say intelligence, such as myself, feel just as helpless, hopeless and frustrated as a driver caught in the wrong lane.  Therefore, no one does anything because who can fight that?

Jesus, why did I read those few paragraphs at 2:00 a.m. this morning?

I'm Canadian.  By the time I sobered up and was ready to become an American, it cost over $1,000 to become a citizen.  This country has been my home since I was 14 years old.  I love her with all my heart.  Although I am hoping to be able to do so one day, at the moment, I don't have a say in government.  I feel very little hope.  I  pray that this country will straighten out; that corporate greed will not pave a path to hell on the good intentions of our founding forefathers.  



Comments

Popular Posts